Luigi spent five years in the big bad world of corporate law before leaving it all behind and starting his own accessories line called Votary
. These days you can find him sketching designs for his inaugural collection of scarves and blankets in jeans and a t-shirt without a business-casual appropriate pair of khakis in sight. We caught up with him over coffee in New York's West Village and asked him our 5 Questions.
1. What is the most precious object you own (FYI - value and price are not the same)?
A blanket that my grandmother knitted for me when I was 7. Thankfully she had enough foresight to make it adult size, so I don't look odd using it to this day.
2. The most overrated place in the world? The most underrated?
Da Silvano / Bar Pitti
3. What was the last phone call you made?
My mom. She's Italian - so it's a daily occurrence.
4. What are three things you hope to do before you die?
1. Open my own brick and mortar shop.
2. Publish a book about my childhood - trust me, it'll be a page turner.
3. Own an invisible cloak.
5. What gets you out of bed in the morning?
My alarm clock playlist. These days, after about 10 snoozes, I probably get through these 5 songs :
Cuban Stomp - Conway Hambone
Bulbform - Trust
New World - The Irrepressibles
All Eyes on You - St Lucia
Two Can Play That Game - Bobby Brown